Volt Austria is committed to maintaining high ethical standards and transparency beyond the legal requirements when handling donations.
Donation and Transparency Guidelines:
According to § 2 Z5 PartG, a donation is any payment, contribution in kind or living subsidy that you - as a natural or legal person - grant us without consideration.
No donations as defined by PartG are, in particular, membership fees and donations within the scope of events with a value of up to 100 Euro per person and event, as long as they are not subject to the cash register obligation.
According to § 6 Abs. 6 of the Austrian PartG we may only accept donations within the following guidelines:
- For donations exceeding a total amount of 2.500€ per year, we are obliged to publish the identity of the donor.
- We can accept a maximum of 7.500€ per year from each donor.
In the following cases we are unfortunately not allowed to accept your donation (non-exhaustive list):
- by public law corporations,
- by non-profit institutions as defined by the German Income Tax Act (EStG) and sports clubs,
- by companies and institutions in which the public sector has a stake of at least 25%,
- by foreign natural or legal persons (also from other member states),
- if they are paid in cash and exceed 500€,
- from anonymous donors, if the donation is more than 500€,
- if the donation was recognizably passed on by a third party not named, provided that it amounts to more than 500€,
- Donations made in expectation of consideration or of a specific economic or legal advantage. Illegal donations will be immediately forwarded to the Court of Auditors.
As a side note: Donations to political parties are not tax deductible in Austria.